- Outdoor Pursuits
- Club Sports
For over 80 years‚ intramurals have been a staple of campus life at the University of Kentucky that have grown and continue to grow under a simple philosophy. This evolving philosophy is to provide the University’s students‚ faculty‚ and staff with a program of recreational events and experiences‚ and is grounded in the basic beliefs that an Intramural program should be fun‚ fair‚ and safe.
How to Enter
All Intramural participants MUST create an account @ www.imleagues.com to participate in Intramural Sports at the University of Kentucky.
Follow these guidelines to create an account @ www.imleagues.com
- Once @ www.imleagues.com click "Create Account" in top right-hand side
- Complete the required information
- An email will be sent to you, click the link provided in your email
- Click on the University of Kentucky
- Click on the desired League (Tug-O-War, Flag Football, Golf Singles, etc)
- Click "Create Team" button on lower right side of the screen
- Read the waiver then click "Accept the Waiver" and complete the "Intramural Participation Quiz (ONLY for captains who create a team for fall 2012). All Intramural participants will be required to take the Intramural Participation Quiz beginning in Spring 2013.
- All team sport registrations are time stamped; teams MUST register before the time stamped deadline or they are locked out from registering for that sport.
- All teams wanting to participate in flag football, basketball and soccer leagues MUST attend the MANDATORY Registration Meeting on the entry deadline date. This meeting opens at 7:00pm and closes at 10:00pm and allows team to select what day and time they would like to play throughout regular season play. Review of the scheduling grid will assist a team in selecting possible day and times to play throughout the regular season. The scheduling grid is located on www.imleagues.com and in the Bernard M. Johnson Recreation Center on the Intramural Bulletin boards in the Intramural hallway.
- All entry fees MUST be provided at the Registration Meeting (7:00pm - 10:00pm) or by the entry deadline date at the Intramural Office by the close of the Bernard M. Johnson Center.
- Entry fees can be paid with cash, credit card or check (payable to University of Kentucky)
UK Intramural events are open to the following:
- All currently enrolled students.
- All regular and currently employed faculty and staff.
- For Co–Rec events only‚ spouses of currently enrolled students or currently employed faculty and staff may participate. For these events‚ the spouse must be on the same roster with their UK orBCTC husband or wife. Spouses may not stand alone on a roster.
Other notes of eligibility:
Each intramural team shall be permitted to have a maximum of two (2) current sport club members on its roster for the same or related sport. These club players must be noted on the roster card.
- Former collegiate varsity athletes are ineligible in that sport and all related sports for one academic year following their last varsity contests.
To be eligible for a UK Intramural event that is related to the participant’s varsity sport for the fall of 2012, a former varsity athlete may last have participated in the spring of 2011. To be eligible for the spring of 2013, that athlete may have last participated in the fall of 2011.
- Former professional athletes are ineligible in the sport of their profession and all related sports but are eligible for all other non–related Intramural events.
- Valid UK and BCTC student‚ faculty and staff IDs are required to enter and participate in all UKIntramural events.
- All students are required to present their valid UK and BCTC student photo I.D.s.
- All faculty and staff are required to present either a: valid UK or BCTC faculty/staff photo I.D. or a valid UKor BCTC faculty/staff card and another form of photo I.D. such as valid driver’s license.
- For Co–Rec events only‚ spouses of eligible students‚ faculty or staff must present a valid driver’s license in order to participate with their UK or BCTC husband or wife.
Intramural Staff Wanted: Officials and Scorekeepers
Opportunities are available for employment as Intramural officials or scorekeepers (limited positions).
These challenging positions offer flexible schedules created around an individual’s class requirements and availability.
Training clinics are held for each sport officiated‚ and officials are encouraged to participate in Intramural events as well.
For more information‚ call the Intramural Office at (859) 257–6584‚ stop by the office located in the Bernard M. Johnson Center‚ or email the Intramural office at email@example.com.