- Outdoor Pursuits
- Club Sports
For over 80 years‚ intramurals have been a staple of campus life at the University of Kentucky that have grown and continue to grow under a simple philosophy. This evolving philosophy is to provide the University’s students‚ faculty‚ and staff with a program of recreational events and experiences‚ and is grounded in the basic beliefs that an Intramural program should be fun‚ fair‚ and safe.
Registration Steps to Play Intramural Sports @ UK
Registration for UK Intramural Sports is free and can be completed online. Please register for all intramural sports at www.imleagues.com and follow the directions below for complete details.
Creating Accounts: Follow the directions below
IMLeagues offers a live support button in the top right corner of all pages; please use this button if you encounter any difficulties.
1. Go to www.imleagues.com
2. Enter your information, use your school email address (@uky.edu or g.uky.edu) and submit.
Note: kctcs.edu may create an account and then must pay the recreational fee @ the e-store (https://iweb.uky.edu/ukestore/) to participate in a sport
3. You will be sent an activation email. Click the link in the email to login and activate your IMLeagues account.
4. You should automatically join to your school. If not, you can search schools by clicking the "Schools" link.
Signing Up for Sports
1. Log in to your IMLeagues account.
2. Click the Create/Join Team button at the top right of your User Homepage page or click on the "University of Kentucky" link to go to your school's homepage on IMLeagues.
3. The current sports will be displayed. Click on the sport you wish to join.
4. Choose the division you wish to play (Men's, Women, Co-Rec, Fraternity etc.).
5. One of three ways to join the sport:
a. Create a team (For team captains and Greek Chairs)
Captains can invite members to their team by clicking the "Invite Members" link on the team page. Any invited members must accept the invitation to be joined to your team. If they've already registered on IMLeagues: search for their name, and invite them. If they haven't yet registered on IMLeagues: scroll down to the "Invite by Email Address" box, and input their email address.
Current Greek Chairs, please contact email@example.com and request for the Intramural Staff to turn on the "chair" feature on imleagues.com in order for you to register multiple teams.
b. Join a team
Use the Create/Join Team Button at top right of every page.
Accept a request from the captain to join his team.
Find the team and captain name on division page and request to join.
Go to the captain's playercard page, view the team, and request to join.
c. Join as a Free Agent (do not have a team)
You can list yourself as a free agent in as many divisions as you'd like. You will be visible to all members of the site and can request to join teams, or post information about yourself so teams can request to add you to their team.
UK Intramural events are open to the following:
- All currently enrolled students.
- All regular and currently employed faculty and staff.
- For Co–Rec events only‚ spouses of currently enrolled students or currently employed faculty and staff may participate. For these events‚ the spouse must be on the same roster with their UK or BCTC spouse. Spouses may not stand alone on a roster.
Other notes of eligibility, please see our Participant Handbook
Each intramural team shall be permitted to have a maximum of two (2) current sport club members on its roster for the same or related sport. These club players must be noted on the roster card.
- Former collegiate varsity athletes are ineligible in that sport and all related sports for one academic year following their last varsity contests.
To be eligible for a UK Intramural event that is related to the participant’s varsity sport for the fall of 2014, a former varsity athlete may last have participated in the spring of 2013. To be eligible for the spring of 2015, that athlete may have last participated in the fall of 2013.
- Former professional athletes are ineligible in the sport of their profession and all related sports but are eligible for all other non–related Intramural events.
- Valid UK and BCTC student‚ faculty and staff IDs are required to enter and participate in all UKIntramural events.
- All students are required to present their valid UK and BCTC student photo I.D.s.
- All faculty and staff are required to present either a: valid UK or BCTC faculty/staff photo I.D. or a valid UKor BCTC faculty/staff card and another form of photo I.D. such as valid driver’s license.
- For Co–Rec events only‚ spouses of eligible students‚ faculty or staff must present a valid driver’s license in order to participate with their UK or BCTC spouse.
Intramural Staff Wanted: Officials and Supervisors in Training
Opportunities are available for employment as Intramural officials or Supervisors in Training.
These challenging positions offer flexible schedules created around an individual’s class requirements and availability.
Training clinics are held for each sport officiated‚ and officials are encouraged to participate in Intramural events as well.
For more information‚ email the Intramural Sports Program at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Intramural Office at (859) 257–6584 or stop by the office (room 172A) located in the Bernard M. Johnson Center