Some of the programs and strategies of our office include:
- Implementing community-wide campaigns aimed at student empowerment, individual identity formation, and the discussion of family histories of alcoholism.
- Coordinating the Campus-Community Coalition
- Collaborating with community members through the Mayor's Alliance and the Fayette County Agency for Substance Abuse Policy to address high-risk alcohol and other drug use.
- Leading the state effort by providing other institutions of higher education with information and tools to help lower the instances of dangerous drinking on their respective campuses.
- Informing UK parents about the risks and consequences of dangerous drinking behaviors.
- Coordinate and administer the AlcoholEdu program.
- Training and sponsoring of the Student Wellness Ambassadors (SWA), who provide their peers and youth in the community with information and safety tools regarding mental wellness, alcohol, and other drug abuse.
- Facilitating alcohol programs for residence halls, Greek organizations, and athletes.
- Sponsoring campus-wide alcohol awareness programs throughout the year.
- Offering resources and referrals for UK students.
- Coordination and administration of the educational responses for mandated students.