ALCOHOL EDU COURSE REQUIREMENT FOR ALL NEW FRESHMAN UNDER 21
As part of the University’s alcohol prevention program, all new students must complete Parts 1 and 2 of AlcoholEdu if they meet all of the following requirements:
- Non-transfer students
- Younger than 21 years of age
- U.S. citizen or resident
AlcoholEdu is a confidential, online substance education course. The course uses science-based research to educate students about alcohol and its effects. Whether the student drinks or not, the course will help them make informed decisions about alcohol and better deal with drinking behavior that may occur around them. AlcoholEdu is used by more than 500 college and university campuses nationwide.
The course consists of two parts, both of which must be completed to satisfy this requirement. Campus and AlcoholEdu staff will never see individual student surveys or responses. Students will be emailed about the program once activated and are provided information during their summer advising conferences.
This part will take approximately two hours to complete. It includes:
- A pre-survey;
- A pre-test of your alcohol knowledge;
- The educational course;
- An exam, which the student must pass with a score of at least 75%; and a post-survey. Students may access Part 1 of the course beginning July 15, 2013.
- The deadline for completing Part 1 is August 19, 2013.
- If students do not complete Part 1 by the deadline, an academic hold will be placed on their account until it is completed.
After students arrive on campus, they will receive an email with instructions for completing Part 2 of the course. This Part will take about 20 minutes to complete and includes:
- Updated alcohol information;
- A brief video;
- Students cannot complete part 2 with 45 days of the completion of Part One.
- If Part 2 is not completed by October 21, 2013, an academic hold will be placed on your account.
The rationale for using these holds is compliance for data collection. This program and holds have been approved by the Provost, VP for Student Affairs and in partnership with the Registrar. If you have a student who is having an immediate registration issue or concerns about the survey, please contact:
Director of the Office of Substance Education & Responsibility
To sign in and complete the course (please make sure that you read all instructions):
- Click on the link below entitled "UK AlcoholEdu." Always sign in by using this link.
- You will be prompted to use your LinkBlue ID and password (the same as what you use to access UK email, myUK, etc.) to log in.
- Once you enter that information, it will take you to a different page. Click on the link that will redirect you to the AlcoholEdu website.
- Create your account by following the prompt.
If you are ready to complete the course, click UK AlcoholEdu.