The University of Kentucky takes student health and safety very seriously. One of the most important components of maintaining a healthy and safe enviornment is prevention.
To assist with your transition to UK, we offer a variety of prevention initiatives, including AlcoholEdu and HAVEN. These programs will rpovide you with useful information to help shape a safer campus.
HAVEN is administered by the Violence Intervention and Prevention (VIP) Center. To access and complete HAVEN, please click this link.
The Office of Substance Education and Responsibility is responsible for AlcoholEdu, a 2-part, web-based substance abuse prevention program that is required for all incoming students who meet the following criteria:
- Freshmen or transfer student;
- Younger than 21 years of age; and
- U.S. citizen or resident
AlcoholEdu is a confidential, online substance education course. The course uses science-based research to educate students about alcohol and its effects. Whether the student drinks or not, the course will help them make informed decisions about alcohol and better deal with drinking behavior that may occur around them. AlcoholEdu is used by more than 500 college and university campuses nationwide.
The course consists of two parts, both of which must be completed to satisfy this requirement. Campus and AlcoholEdu staff will never see individual student surveys or responses. Students will be emailed about the program once activated and are provided information during their summer advising conferences.
This part will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete. It includes:
- A pre-survey;
- A pre-test of your alcohol knowledge;
- The educational course;
- An exam, which the student must pass with a score of at least 75%; and a post-survey. Students may access Part 1 of the course beginning July 21, 2014.
- The deadline for completing Part 1 is August 18, 2014.
- If students do not complete Part 1 by the deadline, an academic hold will be placed on their account until it is completed.
After students arrive on campus, they will receive an email with instructions for completing Part 2 of the course. This Part will take about 20 minutes to complete and includes:
- Updated alcohol information;
- A brief video;
- Students cannot complete part 2 with 45 days of the completion of Part One.
- If Part 2 is not completed by October 20, 2014, an academic hold will be placed on your account.
The rationale for using these holds is compliance for data collection. This program and holds have been approved by the Provost, VP for Student Affairs and in partnership with the Registrar. If you have a student who is having an immediate registration issue or concerns about the survey, please contact:
Director of the Office of Substance Education & Responsibility
To sign in and complete the course (please make sure that you read all instructions):
- Click on the link below.
- You will be prompted to use your LinkBlue ID and password (the same as what you use to access UK email, myUK, etc.) to log in.
- Once you enter that information, it will take you to a different page. Click on the link that will redirect you to the EverFi website.
- Create your account by following the prompt. Once your account has been created for both AlcoholEdu and HAVEN, you will be able to view and access both of these progams through your "Dashboard."
Click this link when you are ready to take UK AlcoholEdu.