Mission and Vision Statement
The Office of Student Conduct is committed to promoting a safe, healthy, student-centered, and inclusive community where students can learn, grow, and develop as they pursue their academic endeavors at the University of Kentucky.
The goals of the student conduct system are to:
- Promote personal responsibility and peer accountability.
- Encourage students to consider the impact of their actions on themselves, their peers, and the greater community.
- Empower students to address any conflict that may arise in a safe, respectful, and socially conscious manner.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, students, and the campus community with regard to student conducts matters.
- Educate the campus community about student rights and responsibilities related to the University Code of Student Conduct.
The Office of Student Conduct supports this mission through providing programs and services that:
- Provide a fair, educational, consistent student conduct process for resolving alleged violations of the Code of Student Conduct.
- Teach students about appropriate behavior and community responsibility that respects the dignity and humanity of others.
- Intervene when student behaviors violate the Code of Student Conduct in an educative manner and provide opportunities for students to learn from their actions.
- Offer educational and leadership opportunities for students who participate in the facilitation of the student conduct process.