Student Transportation Fee Council
The Student Transportation Fee Council oversees the prioritization of student transportation fees toward programs, partnerships, and initiatives that enhance automobile-free access to, from, and around campus, promotes safe transportation alternatives, and fosters sustainable mobility solutions focused on the unique needs of students.
- Seek out and implement transportation programs, partnerships and initiatives focused on increasing mobility or expanding transportation options tailored to the unique needs of students;
- Pursue projects or initiatives that might otherwise be unfunded or underfunded due to other university-wide parking or transportation priorities;
- Explore pilot programs to test unique or innovative initiatives and then track outcomes and recommend permanent funding alternatives;
- Establish ongoing dialogue and partnership between Transportation Services and students.
- Raise awareness of all alternative transportation programs among the student community.
Student transportation fees are not used for offsetting existing Transportation Services expenses or potential shortfalls, blended with existing revenues to fund general services, or used to build new automobile parking (student-dedicated or otherwise).
The Student Transportation Fee Council was founded during the 2017-2018 academic year to direct how student fee money is spent. Five dollars per semester is paid by each student, which provides the Council with approximately $250,000 per year in discretionary funds. Please see the Student Transportation Fee Council Constitution for more details about the organization.
Previously Funded Projects
- Yellow Route: Sunday bus shuttle that runs from noon to midnight.
- How-to video channel that explains many of Transportation Services programs
- Partnership with Student Government to partially fund the Kentucky Wildcab late night on-demand service
- Study and design of new bus shelters near Memorial Hall and Prall Street
- Creation of an interactive map for parking areas, bicycles, and buses
- Regional Airport Shuttles that run to the Louisville and Cincinnati Airports over academic breaks
|Student Transportation Fee Council Members|
||Tapas Parikh (email@example.com)|
||Ahmed Hamad (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
||Kennisha Ellis (email@example.com)|
||Ngoc Phan (Ngoc.firstname.lastname@example.org)|
||Edward Lo (email@example.com)|
||Cooper Winrich (Cooper.Winrich@uky.edu)|
||Alex Wood (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
||Ross Boggess (email@example.com)|
||Cindy Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
Interested in serving on the council or have questions about the proposal process? Email email@example.com with the subject line “STFC”.
Apply for Funding
Do you have an idea for a project that will help students get to, from and around campus? The STFC would love to hear about it and to help make it a reality. Any UK student or employee may submit a proposal for a new transportation initiative.
Project proposals will be considered based on their potential to meet STFC's mission and objectives, as well as the ability to document success and tangible results for students on campus.
Those who submit an application for funding will have the chance to speak in front of the Council before their proposal is voted on, if they so choose. Proposals must be received one week prior to the monthly meetings.
Any changes in the use of approved funding must be resubmitted and re-approved by the Council. Unused funds are automatically returned to the STFC to be reallocated. Funded projects must report back to the Council regularly with updates until implementation has been completed and adequate analysis is conducted on the relative success of the project. Failure to communicate with the Council can result in a total or partial loss of funding. No more than one year's funding will be committed to any project. If a project is a multi-year proposal, it will need to be resubmitted for consideration each year.
Please download the STFC application to your computer, complete it and submit via email to Sandra.Broadus@uky.edu.
||STFC Meeting Dates|