Warning: Some Web sites to which these materials provide links for the convenience of users are not managed by the University of Kentucky. The University does not review, control, or take responsibility for the contents of those sites.
Parking & Transportation Services receives numerous requests for data and information pertaining to industry standards and benchmarking. The organizations listed below are useful sites to begin research for college projects or just to inform yourself about our industry. These sites will provide useful information as well as other links to sites of interest. These links are not intended to be the end of your search, but rather a jumping point to immerse yourself in the parking industry.
We are using the following colleges and universities to benchmark our parking and transportation operations:
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Ohio State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Rutgers University - New Brunswick
- Texas A & M University
- The University of Texas at Austin
- University of California - Berkeley
- University of California - Davis
- University of California - Los Angeles
- University of California - San Diego
- University of Florida
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- University of Maryland - College Park
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus
- University of Virginia
- University of Washington
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
Other industry links:
- International Parking Institute: Parking organization dedicated to providing educational and technical services to the multi-billion dollar parking profession and to the public.
- Midwest Campus Parking Association: A major regional organization dedicated to providing parking and transportation education and networking for campus parking administrators.
- Mid-South Transportation and Parking Association: Regional parking and transit association dedicated to providing a mutual support network and environment for the professional interaction, growth, and development of individuals in the parking and transportation industries.
- Parking Today: A monthly periodical providing parking industry information to the parking industry.
- Tim Haahs Engineers - Architects: A parking database tutorial presented by the Tim Haahs engineering and architectural firm.