Phone: (859) 257-7394
Fax: (859) 257-6236
In Endowment Accounting, we provide the University and its affiliated corporations with overall coordination of endowment accounting and financial reporting of endowed funds in accordance with the policies established by the University. We perform monthly endowment accounting, coordinate the establishment of new endowment funds in SAP, administer charitable trusts and gift annuities, coordinate the liquidation of donated securities, and provide endowment stewardship reporting.
|Kim Lush||Endowment Accounting Director||(859) 257-6465|
|Karen Boyd||Endowment Accounting Manager||(859) 323-7202|
|Amanda Henderson||Endowment Accountant||(859) 257-7394|
- Endowment Spending Policy Changes (PPT)
- Endowment Fund Creation Request Form (PDF)
- SAP Endowment Account Request Form Instructions (PDF)
- Endowment Investment Policy (PDF)
- Endowment GL Account Definitions (DOC)
- Historical Endowment Returns (PDF)
- Historical Endowment Values (PDF)
- RPA Code Instructions (DOC)
- Glossary of Endowment Terms (DOC)
- Instructions for Running Endowment Reports in BW Web Reporting (DOC)
- Common JV Transactions (PDF)
- Endowment Fund Create and Change Form Instructions (DOC)
- GL Hierarchy (PDF)
- FY 17-18 Spending Rate (PDF)
- Entering a default cost center when creating a JV (PDF)
- Soliciting, Receiving, Recording and Acknowledging Gifts (PDF)
Email Amanda Henderson or call (859) 257-7394
Email Kim Lush or call (859) 257-6465
Endowments are invested per the University’s Endowment Investment Policy.
Refer to the Historical Endowment Returns document.
Refer to the Historical Endowment Values Bar Graph.
Refer to the Instructions for running the Endowment reports in BW.
The GL Hierarchy contains all endowment related GL codes categorized by contributed value and market value.
Refer to the FY 17-18 Spending Rate calculation.
Enter Transaction Code FM5S: Display Fund. Enter your endowment fund number and select Add UK Endowment Fields. The distribution percentage is at the bottom of the screen and will list the percentage of the spending distribution that is being distributed to the cost center and/or to the fund.
- FM5S – Display Fund – Used to view the attributes of the endowment fund.
- ZGL_TRBR1_CUM – Endowment Trial Balance – Used to view the cumulative screen of the endowment fund.
- ZGL_TRBR1_FUND – GL Trial Balance by Fund – Used to view current fiscal year trial balance of the endowment fund.
- KSB1 – Cost Centers Actual Line Items – Used to view revenue and expenses post to the cost center.
- GR55 – Execute Report Group – Used to view budget for cost center.
- FMRP_RFFMEP1AX – All Postings – Used to view line items posted to the endowment fund.