Capital Assets Accounting
Phone: (859) 257-6290
Fax: (859) 257-6236
In Capital Asset Accounting, we oversee and maintain the accounting for all capital projects plant funds, debt service payments for bonds and capital leases, capitalization and depreciation of all buildings and equipment, and assist departments with compliance to federal, state and University laws and regulations pertaining to capital assets.
Additionally, we manage the annual equipment, facilities and vehicle inventory processes. System resources used for capital inventory are also maintained in Capital Assets Accounting.
|Bill Coleman||Capital Assets Accounting Manager||(859) 257-1111|
|HaoXin Zhang||Capital Assets Analyst||(859) 257-3355|
|Steve Strunk||Capital Equipment & Vehicle Inventory Coordinator||(859) 257-5046|
|Derek Hitt||Capital-Facilities Inventory Accountant||(859) 257-6290|
|Taylor Sandusky||Capital Projects Accountant||(859) 257-6242|
- Instructions for Annual Capital Equipment Inventory Process (PDF)
- Adding Non-Capital Equipment to Inventory (PDF)
- Deleting Non-Capital Equipment from Inventory (PDF)
- Definitions for Insurance Codes and Availability Codes (PDF)
- Surplus Property
Equipment Inventory Forms
- Annual Capital Equipment Certification Sheet (PDF)
- Capital Equipment Transfer Request (PDF)
- Capital Equipment Theft Report (PDF)
- Lost Equipment Report (PDF)
- Memorandum of Understanding between a Departing Investigator and the University of Kentucky (MSWord Doc)
- Off-Campus Equipment Report (PDF)
- Scanner Checkout Form (PDF)
- Scanner Checkout Form - Hospital (PDF)
Vehicle Inventory Forms
- Facilities Inventory Instructions (PDF)
- Chart of Accounts - Functional Area (PDF)
- Building Inventory Data Collections Form (PDF)
- Room Inventory Data Collections Form (PDF)
- Facilities Inventory FAQs (PDF)
- Room Use Codes & Descriptions (PDF)
- Buildings List (All)
Who do I contact if I have questions concerning Capital Inventory?
- For Equipment or Vehicle Inventory, email Steve Strunk or call (859) 257-5046.
- For Facilities Inventory, email Derek Hitt or call (859) 257-6290.
Can also visit the Surplus Property website for more information and contacts: https://sharepoint.uky.edu/facilities/surplus/default.aspx