Enterprise Applications Group (EAG)
Interim Enterprise Applications Group Director
EAG Campus Location: 630 South Broadway
The Enterprise Applications Group (EAG) is the unit within UKAT charged with supporting the key administrative computing systems for the University of Kentucky. Our primary focus is the integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software from SAP. This software was initially implemented at the University through the IRIS Project (Integrated Resource Information Systems) from 2004-2008.
The EAG is responsible for enhancing, maintaining, and supporting the functional operations of the ERP system to accomplish and further the goals and objectives of the various operational units across campus. We work closely with other UKIT units to continuously improve the administrative computing environment for the University.
Key components of the current system include Business Warehouse and Business Objects, Student Life Cycle Management (SLCM), Financials (FI), Grants Management (GM), HR/Payroll (HR), Procurement/Materials Management (MM), Plant Maintenance (PM), and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM). Because the EAG is grounded in developing and supporting the ERP, in addition to UKIT staff, other members of the EAG are assigned from the major business units of the University.
Core functions of the EAG are to:
- Promote optimization, integration and standardization of processes and information;
- Monitor and maintain functional operation of the SAP system;
- Work with all relevant IT units to promote optimal performance of the system;
- Work with campus units to support their reporting needs;
- Work with business owners to enhance currently installed modules, and implement additional modules that further the goals and objectives of the University;
- Provide appropriate training for users of the SAP system;
- Keep current on relevant standards, technologies, and products; and
- Promote the highest levels of data integrity.
Our goal is to provide the University with a high quality, integrated administrative system that will support, promote and further the activities of the entire University of Kentucky campus community.