Help and Support
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my link blue Account being Locked?
As a security precaution, UKAT will lock link blue accounts if multiple unsuccessful log-in attempts occur. Since your computer, mobile phones or tablets will store your link blue password, account owners may experience a "lock-out" of their account after they change their link blue account password.
Here are some of the possible reasons for the lock-out.
- You will need to update your link blue account password with your mail app on your mobile phones or tablet devices (iPhones, iPads, Android devices, Windows phones).
- Mapped drives on your windows computer will store your password. Please un-install and re-install your mapped drives.
- Print queues will store your password. Update all passwords with your print queues.
- Any database or remote connection that stores your link blue password.
- Lync will store your password.
- Voice Mail going to your mobile device
- Remember that you will need to check these items on all your computers (home, office or decommissioned hardware) or mobile devices.
If your account is locked:
- Wait 30 minutes as the system will unlock your account automatically
- Call 218-HELP (4357)
If you receive the following pop-up message when trying to acess IRIS from MyUK, you will need to install the SAP-GUI. This software is located at the UK Download site. download.uky.edu. Search for "SAP GUI". Then click to download and install.
An account owner can reset their UK Google account password from the link blue Account Manager. Click change next to Google Apps Education Edition
- Software availability from OnTheHub (UK's 3rd party software partner) will not be available to new Students and Employees until their first week of classes or employment. Should access issues persist beyond the first week, please contact the UKAT Service Desk at 859.218.HELP (4357) or at email@example.com
- More info about software downloads can be found here
There could be several reasons you can’t access the wireless network.
- You may be in an area where there is no wireless coverage. Wireless Map
- UKIT security may have blocked your account or computer.
- If your computer indicates the University of Kentucky wireless network is available and you cannot access the network, contact the UKAT Service Desk at 218-HELP (4357).
- Your email delivery address may be incorrect in the Account Manager. Log into Account Manager and verify the address is correct.
- Certain students will receive exchange email accounts based on their student employment status. Check with your college or Supervisor to inquire if an exchange account has been setup for you.
- If your Account Manager settings are correct, and you do not have an Exchange email account, contact the UKAT Service Desk at 218-HELP (4357).
When you activated your Link-Blue account, you were asked to set-up an University Email Address or UEA. The default address is < firstname.lastname@example.org>. You can change that value to anything you want except something already choosen by someone else. This address is simply a forwarding email address. It will forward your email to your UK Google or Live accounts. If you select to have your email forwarded to a personal account, all email will be forwarded to your personal account.
UKAT reccomends that all Public Folders be moved into Resources. Instructions can be found by clicking below:
Information on dealing with spam and phishing emails can be found by clicking below: