Blocking Spam Emails
Knowledge Base Article:
Blocking SPAM and Phishing emails (Exchange email only)
- Install Microsoft’s Junk E-mail Reporting Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook, Click Here. Once installed, highlight the spam email and click on the “Junk” option (Outlook: Home, Delete, Junk). You won't need to send it to email@example.com.
- Only works for Outlook for Windows. No version currently for the Outlook for Mac
- Does not work if accessing Exchange email from Outlook Web app (exchange.uky.edu)
- Open a new email message
- Click on attach Item
- Choose the folder/email and click OK
- Sent this email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right click on the spam emails and delete the emails (making sure not to open or click on any links). If you do open an email, please take the following steps:
- update and run your antivirus program or contact your local IT support staff.
- change your password.
If you do not add this Add-in, please report spam using the following steps
(Please note: only attach one spam email per message sent to email@example.com)
If you experience additional issues, please contact the UKIT Service Desk at 218-HELP (4357).