UK Employee email information
UK Employee email service will be updated from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 beginning in early January 2012. The upgrade will be non-disruptive and most users will notice little change. Web access will also receive a “face lift” with the Exchange 2010 upgrade and users may notice a change in the color scheme of the logon page when accessing their email via the web.
The migration to Exchange 2010 will begin March 2012.
Exchange 2010 Key Benefits:
- A default mailbox size of 1.5 GB, six times the current default.
- Access to e-mail, voice mail, instant messaging from virtually any platform, Web-browser, or device.
- Improved scheduling and configuring for resource mailbox calendar processing.
- Individual management of distribution groups.
- Ability to appoint a moderator to regulate messages sent to a distribution group.
Preparing for the Exchange 2010 update:
- Verify Microsoft Windows machines have Outlook 2010 or 2007 installed.
- Verify MacOS X machines have Entourage 2008 or Outlook 2011 installed.
- Users of older versions should upgrade as soon as possible.