- What is MATLAB? MATLAB is short for Matrix Laboratory developed by Mathworks. Learn more including videos from Mathworks
- Who can download MATLAB? Faculty and Staff can download MATHLAB from the download server.
- Which version of MATLAB is available? MATLAB R2013B
- Do you need to use Cisco VPN? If you intend to use MATLAB off the campus network, you will need to install and run Cisco VPN
- Which computer labs on campus have MATLAB?
- Business and Economics
- Engineering Workstation (EWL)
- King Science
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- W.T. Young
- Can MATLAB be found on the MyVirtualDEN? MATLAB is not included on the MyVIRTUAL DEN's virtual software
- Can MATLAB be loaded on Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)? Click here to find out!
Step by Step Installation Instructions (Windows 7)
Step 1: Search for “MatLab” from the download server: http://download.uky.edu/
Step 2: When you click on the download link, you will need to take a short Qualtrics survey.
Step 3: After submitting the survey, you will receive an email from email@example.com with further instructions.
Per these emailed instructions, you will need to send an email with the information below to the individual addresses found in the email.
- Link Blue UserID (LinkBlue userid is the username commonly used with ad\ or mc\, or to login to myUK)
- UKID #
At this point, you will receive further instructions on how to setup an account on Mathworks.com
After receiving access to the website http://www.mathworks.com/mwaprofile
Step 4: Click to “Download Now” from account services section. Then click download from next page in the “Licensed products” section.
Step 5: Then choose platform (Windows, Mac or Linux)
Step 6: Click on a full install and click to “continue”
Step 7: Click continue through series of steps until reach this box that details the Mathworks products. This is a list of the software, compilers, and toolboxes included in a typical Windows 32 bit Matlab installation.
Step 8: Click to start download.
Step 9: Once at the completion stage, click finish!
Step 10: Self extractor to unzip the compressed downloaded software.
Step 11: Choose to “install without the Internet”
Step 12: Read and accept the license agreement by clicking near the “Yes”; then click “Next”
Step 13: find the File Installation Key from the email sent to you. Entered in the textbox.
Step 14. Choose typical installation and “Next”.
Step 15: Choose location (create folder is necessary)
Step 16: Click and browse for license file. You can find this file from the email sent to you. (Hint: If you could not right click and save license file, then copy the contents into a Notepad text file. Change the name of the file to matlab.lic. Click browse and search for the licensing file. Click “Next”.
Step 17: Check out the software and toolboxes included in the software installation.
Step 18: Click Install Matlab. This could take up to 30 minutes.
Step 19: Click Finish!
Step 20: To start Matlab, search for the MatlabR2013B from the start button > all programs > MatlabR2013B If you get this error message, you are off the campus network and connect to the campus network by using Cisco VPN (Software that you can find at the Download Server)
Step 21: Then start up MatLab again.
Step 22: Matlab finally!