APAT Service Desk FAQ
As a security precaution, UKIT will lock Link-Blue Accounts if multiple unsuccessful log-in attempts occur. Since your computer, mobile phones or tablets will store your Link-blue password, account owners may experience "a lock out" of their account after they change their Link-blue account password. Here are some of the possible reasons for the lock-out.
- You will need to update your Link-Blue account password with your mail app on your mobile phones or tablet devices (iPhones, iPads, Android devices, Windows phones)..
- Mapped drives on your windows computer will store your password. Please un-install and re-install your mapped drives. .
- Print queues will store your password. Update all passwords with your print queues.
- Any database or remote connection that stores your Link Blue password.
- Lync will store your password.
- Voice Mail going to your mobile device
- Remember that you will need to check these items on all your computers (home, office or decommissioned hardware) or mobile devices.
If your account is locked:
- Wait 30 minutes as the system will unlock your account automatically
- Call 218-HELP (4357)
- If you receive the following pop-up message when trying to acess IRIS from MyUK, you will need to install the SAP-GUI. You can find this software download from the download.uky.edu. Search for "SAP GUI". Then click to download and install.
- An account owner can reset their UK Google or Live account password from the Link-Blue Account Manager.
If you are able to log into CosmoCom and want to change your password:
- Click on “Password” in the upper right corner of the screen. This will open the password change wizard.
- If your password is not working and you cannot log into CosmoCom
- Verify your full user name (for example: email@example.com) and try your password again.
- Contact the APAT Service Desk at 218-HELP (4357) to request a CosmoCom password reset.
- New Students and Employees will not able to download software until their first week of classes or employment.
- Employees on the MC domain that are needing software such as Adobe Creative Suite will need to add MC\userid when logging into the iweb website.
- More info about software downloads can be found here
There could be several reasons you can’t access the wireless network.
- You may be in an area where there is no wireless coverage. Wireless Map
- UKIT security may have blocked your account or computer.
- If your computer indicates the University of Kentucky wireless network is available and you cannot access the network, contact the APAT Service Desk at 218-HELP (4357).
- Your email delivery address may be incorrect in the Account Manager. Log into Account Manager and verify the address is correct.
- Certain students will receive exchange email accounts based on their student employment status. Check with your college or Supervisor to inquire if an exchange account has been setup for you.
- If your Account Manager settings are correct, and you do not have an Exchange email account, contact the APAT Service Desk at 218-HELP (4357).
When you activated your Link-Blue account, you were asked to set-up an University Email Address or UEA. The default address is
. You can change that value to anything you want except something already choosen by someone else. This address is simply a forwarding email address. It will forward you email to your UK Google or Live accounts. If you select to have your email forwarded to a personal account, all email will be forwarded to your personal account.@uky.edu>