We are now accepting nominations for 2017-2019 Board positions.
The UK Women’s Forum is seeking board members for the 2017-2019 term! The UK Women's Forum is an organization for all employees of the University, both faculty and staff. Its mission is to exert a leadership role in empowering, validating, informing, including, and celebrating all women employed at the University of Kentucky by addressing challenges, communicating issues, and recognizing successes within the context of the workplace.
Nominations for the Women's Forum board are open April 3-April 28, 2017, at https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eM9jEHrFMGFGS8Z
Self-nominations are welcome from anyone interested in championing women’s issues at UK. Alternatively, you may reach out to someone else you think would make an excellent candidate to see if they would like to be nominated.
One of the newest members of the Women’s Forum board is Bridget Szczapinkski of the College of Medicine, who said, “I take time to serve on the board for the opportunity to network and contribute/serve alongside other women across the UK campus.” There are many other reasons to join:
- Being among outstanding women and men who dedicate themselves to making UK a better place to work
- Enhancing leadership and teamwork skills
- Participating in networking opportunities with a diverse group of individuals
- Celebrating the uniqueness of all women at UK
- Having the opportunity to be involved in the Sarah Bennett Holmes Award and Luncheon
- Developing new contributions to the annual Women’s Forum Conference
- Participating in the Employee Educational Assistance Awards program, which bestows scholarships for continuing education among UK employees
Nominees will be placed on a ballot for campus-wide voting during the UK Staff Senate elections from May 8-May 26. Those elected will serve a two-year term beginning on Tuesday, June 20, 2017, at the all-day Women’s Forum board retreat. We are especially looking for new board members with skills in social media, Drupal, Qualtrics, the university budgeting and financial processes, and event planning. Nominations should include a 250-word platform statement and picture. Additional details regarding member expectations can be found on the nomination form beginning April 4, 2017. Please see our website for more information on the board http://www.uky.edu/womensforum/
A heartfelt thank you from the UK Women’s Forum for your support!
We are excited to be able to assist local high school seniors get their caps and gowns for their graduation.
Our total donation amount was $800.
Congratulations to our 2017 Sarah Bennett Holmes winners: Dr. Christia Spears Brown and Kimberly Sayer