THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF LANGUAGE LEARNING
1. For every grammar rule you learn, you will learn more exceptions.
2. The shortest distance between two people is a conversation.
3. Man does not speak in English alone.
4. Thou shalt not neglect the language lab.
5. When in doubt, it's probably irregular.
6. The subjunctive is not deadly if taken often but in small doses.
7. One doesn't always have to feel fine in a dialogue.
8. Disagreeing genders are at the root of all evil.
9. Beware of endings in tense situations.
10. A word in the head is worth two in the dictionary.