The installation instructions depend on whether you are running GelBandFitter from the source code or as a standalone package.
If you have downloaded a zipped archive with the source code, extract all the files into a single directory (e.g. c:\GelBandFitter). Then start Matlab (you will need to have Version 2008a or later and the Optimization Toolbox) and open GelBandFitter.m.
Then run the function, for example, by pressing F5.
If you want to modify the source code for your own use, it is advisable to start by copying the original code to a safe place. That will allow you to keep a working copy of the program on your local machine at all times.
Installation Instructions for the MCR system
1) Open the directory where you saved the files (e.g. c:\GelAnalyzer) in Windows Explorer and execute (double-click) MCRInstaller.exe.
2) Chose your setup language and click 'OK'.
3) If asked, installed VCREDIST_X86.
4) Then install the MCR Runtime application accepting the default settings if asked.
5) You should eventually see a confirmation window which means that you have successfully installed the MCR runtime system.
You can now run GelBandFitter by going to the directory where you originally saved your files and executing (double-clicking) GelBandFitter.exe.
Last updated 8 September, 2008.