What is Academic Coaching?
Academic Coaching is a no-cost, stress-free way to learn the skills and resources to be successful in college and beyond.
Why come to an Academic Coaching session?
Academic Coaching is for any student who wants to have more confidence as a student and ACHIEVE their goals. Some examples of what you can expect to work on in a one-on-one Academic Coaching appointment are:
Achieving your goals
Creating balance between work, life, and college
Honing time management skills
Improving note, study, and exam taking strategies
Eliminating procrastination and improving motivation
Visualizing success and creating a positive mindset
Embracing resources, both on and off campus
What can you expect during a coaching session?
Your one-on-one session with a Coach will be driven by whatever you want to work on. Through the process of asking questions, Coaches help you learn to identify the strategies and resources that work best for you to reach your goals.
How do I prepare for a Coaching session?
If you know what you want to work on... Great!
- Bring any materials you think you might need like your planner, study guide, or syllabus!
If you aren't sure what you want to work on... Don’t worry!
- Just bring yourself- our Coaches are trained to help you get the clarity you need to be successful in college and beyond!
Before your appointment... take the LASSI (Learning and Study Skills Inventory).
- The LASSI is a quick 10-minute assessment that helps us determine what areas you may want to address in our meeting.
- You will find a link to take the LASSI in the confirmation email after you make your appointment.
Where is Academic Coaching located?
For an in-person appointment:
- After you sign up for an appointment, you will receive an email letting you know where to meet your Coach.
- We have three locations: The Study Central, The Study North, and The 90.
For a Zoom (Online) appointment:
- You will need a tablet, laptop or desktop. You can use your phone, but it is not recommended because it is harder to see the shared screen.
- Find someplace that is quiet and free of distractions.
- You will receive an email from your Academic Coach shortly before your appointment time. Just click on the link in the email.
When is Coaching available?