Faculty Mentor Awards
The Excellent Undergraduate Research Mentor Award recognizes UK faculty members who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to mentoring undergraduate researchers, provided exceptional undergraduate research experiences, as well as supporting and promoting the undergraduate research initiatives on campus.
Each year, outstanding faculty mentors are recognized at the Showcase of Undergraduate Scholars for their outstanding leadership and support of students. Students may nominate their faculty mentor for the award HERE.
2019 Excellent Undergraduate Research Mentor Award Recipients
PREVIOUS FACULTY MENTOR OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNERS
- 2018: Luke Bradley, Janice Fernheimer and Greg Luhan
- 2017: Joshua Beckmann and Susan Odom
- 2016: Jonathan Golding and Jeffrey L. Osborn
- 2015: Kristin Ashford and Robin Cooper
- 2014: Event not held due to NCUR hosted at UK
- 2013: Zach Hilt and Richard Smith
- 2012: Kimberly Anderson, Nadine Kabengi, and David Atwood
- 2011: Trevor Creamer and A. Gwynn Henderson
- 2010: David Rogers & Chana Akins
- 2009: Diane Snow & Elzbieta Wala; Honorable Mention: Tammy Stephenson
- 2008: Patricia Burkhart & Nicholas McLetchie