Research Abroad Scholarship
Award Amount: $5,000
Objective: The Office of Undergraduate Research and Education Abroad are pleased to offer a joint application for up to 3 summer research abroad funding scholarships.This scholarship provides engaged students from across the disciplines the opportunity to significantly enhance the quality of their research through collaboration with a faculty member in a different culture.
Eligibility: Any full-time UK undergraduate student of any major who has completed at least 1 semester (preferably 2+) of research with a faculty mentor. The student also must be returning to UK in the following Fall Semester.
Application/Letters Deadline: February 15, 2020
- APPLY ONLINE HERE! (Preview of the Application at the Bottom of the Page)
- Upload UK Faculty Letter of Recommendation HERE!
- Upload Abroad Faculty Letter of Support Here!
Decision Notification by April 1, 2020
Due Date: July 8, 2020
Email Mid-Summer photos and captions to UGResearch@uky.edu
Report Deadline: August 24, 2020
Upload Report Here!
Mandatory Summer Research Meeting
Date: TBD (August 2020)
- Letters of Excuse will be available if this meeting occurs during a class or lab. Please email UGResearch@uky.edu to request an excuse (be sure to include the professor's name).
- Please come prepared to briefly present the research you did over the summer (will not require a poster or PowerPoint presentation)