Application and Admission Information
Under ordinary conditions, admission to the Gender and Women's Studies Graduate Certificate curriculum requires the following, with all materials submitted online through Apply_Yourself. Once you have completed and submitted your application materials online, please notify GWS Department Manager, Michelle Del Toro (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* an undergraduate degree
* admission to the University of Kentucky Graduate School**http://www.research.uky.edu/gs/ProspectiveStudents/Admission.html
* a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all undergraduate work
* minimum GPA of 3.0 in any graduate work
* a scholarly writing sample
* a 500-word personal statement, explaining why the applicant wishes to pursue the Graduate Certificate in Gender and Women's Studies
* three letters of recommendation (applies only to students not matriculating in a UK graduate degree program)
* official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
* completion of the online certificate application form
**Applicants who are not currently enrolled in a graduate degree program at the University of Kentucky must first secure admission to the Graduate School as post-baccalaureate students. For information on requirements for post-baccalaureate admission to the Graduate School, please contact the Graduate School directly or see the information online. Please send to the Graduate School all and only the materials they require for application. Please submit online through Apply_Yourself only the materials GWS requires for the certificate application (see above). Admission to the Graduate School must, in all cases, precede admission to the Gender and Women's Studies Graduate Certificate curriculum. Please notice that some requirements for the Gender and Women's Studies Graduate Certificate curriculum exceed minimum requirements of the Graduate School for Post- baccalaureate status. For this reason, as well as others, admission to the Graduate School does not guarantee admission to the Gender and Women's Studies Program Graduate Certificate curriculum.