Clinical & Translational Science The Department of Behavioral Science in the College of Medicine, in affiliation with the University of Kentucky Center for Clinical and Translational Science, offers a Ph.D., M.S., and graduate certificate program in Clinical and Translational Science (CTS). The academic discipline focuses on acceleration of the translation of basic science advances to tangible improvements in public health.
|Is a CV Required?||Yes|
|Additional Instructions for CV||If you are affiliated with one of the Center for Clinical and Translational Science's training or career development program (e.g. T32/TL1, KL2, etc), please include this information on your CV.|
|Is a personal statement required?||No|
|Additional instructions for personal statement:||Rather than providing a traditional personal statement, please upload a document with responses to each of the following questions. Write each question completely before providing your answer beneath it.
Please answer each of the questions in your own words. Your answers will be evaluated on the basis of both content and demonstrated writing ability.
1. In your own words, please compare and contrast Clinical and Translational Science with Basic Science.
2. How do your research interests align with Clinical and Translational Science?
3. Why are you pursuing graduate study in Clinical and Translational Science? Why are you pursuing this particular track of graduate study (e.g. Certificate, MSMS, or PhD) in Clinical and Translational Science?
4. What are your professional goals and how will education in Clinical and Translational Science help you to reach those goals?
5. Please provide a semester-by-semester timeline for completing the requirements for the CTS program to which you are applying. Indicate which courses you will take each semester, when you plan to sit for your qualifying examinations, and when you plan to submit your dissertation. If you have already taken CTS courses, indicate which courses you have taken and when. (See here for the program requirements for the certificate: https://behavioralscience.med.uky.edu/bscience-certificate-clinical-and-translational-science)
|Is a writing sample required?||No|
|Are other documents required?||Yes, transcripts from all institutions attended.|
|Does this program require applicants submit GRE Subject Test Scores?||No|
|Fall Deadline||October 1|
|Spring Deadline||May 1|
|How many letters of recommendation will your application require?||Two.|
|Additional instructions for letters of recommendation:||1. If the applicant is in a residency or fellowship program, a letter from the residency/fellowship director is required.
If the applicant is a faculty member, a letter from his or her division or department chair is required.
College of Medicine
110 Medical Behavioral Science Building
Lexington, KY 40536-0086
University of Kentucky