Since online students conduct the majority of course work and interactions online, reliable technology and comfort using that technology are essential. Information for key resources are provided here to address your most common technology needs. Your instructor will provide information for additional technologies that may be used in your online course.
- The term "linkblue" refers to a directory account (user id and password) which is used to access student account information (MyUK), log into online courses (Canvas LMS), and connect to other campus-wide systems, such as the APEX Degree Planner. To activate a new linkblue account, visit this new student linkblue page ; to manage or reactivate your existing linkblue account, visit this linkblue account manager page
- Canvas is the learning management system used by majority of instructors for coursework. Access your online course by logging into your Canvas page with your linkblue login.
- Get help using Canvas by reviewing Canvas tutorials or clicking the Help icon in the Canvas global navigation bar.
- Zoom is a cloud-based platform for video and audio conferencing, simple online meetings, group messaging, and mobile collaboration.
- Learn more about Zoom or view training Resources.
- View UK’s complementary software downloads which could assist in your work during your time at the University. This includes programs from the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, and various statistical software services. You can view and download these services at the Software Downloads webpage.
- ITS Customer Services provides assistance for supported student technology needs at the University of Kentucky. Contact ITS Customer Services with questions, to review self-help topics, or to request additional assistance.