Every applicant who was not admitted to the University of Kentucky has had their application file considered through guidelines established by University Senate Rules and published in the University Bulletin . It is because of thoroughness of the process that it is unusual for an admission decision to be reversed. Therefore, for an appeal to have merit, it must bring to light new compelling academic and/or personal information as well as details pertaining to extenuating circumstances that were not addressed in the original application. The appeals process is not a re-review of an existing applicant file and appeals will not be accepted from applicants who are not submitting new information.
Guidelines for Submitting an Appeal:
- The appeal must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Decision Appeal
- The appeal will only be accepted from the applicant, not a parent, guardian or spouse.
- The appeal must be written and submitted within two weeks of receipt of decision.
- The appeal must present and include NEW and COMPELLING information not included in the original application.
- The appeal must include supporting documentation noting new and compelling information.
- The appeal should include an explanation of why the new information was not submitted in the original application.
- The applicant will be notified of the decision via e-mail within two weeks of submission of the appeal.
- Applicants may only appeal once and the resulting decision is final.
Interest in attending the University of Kentucky is not a valid basis for an appeal.