You can use this information to assist in identifying transfer equivalencies for courses you have completed at other institutions. Updates are made to this information on a daily basis as additional courses are evaluated for equivalencies. After you have been admitted to UK, it usually takes between three to four weeks for your coursework from previous institutions to show up on your student record.

Please note: To apply any transfer credits to your student record, you will need to send the Office of Undergraduate Admission official copies of all of your transcripts from your previous regionally accredited higher-education institutions.

If you have any questions about your transfer equivalencies, either before or after you're admitted to UK, contact your dedicated transfer equivalency officer here.

Course Equivalencies

Domestic Equivalencies (TES)

UK uses a database called the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) to maintain our course equivalencies with other institutions. Click the button below, and then search your previous institution(s) by name. Click the arrow next to your chosen college, and from there, you can search each of your course codes to see how your work will transfer.

Domestic Equivalencies

International Equivalencies

Click the button below, and find your institution in the drop-down menu. From there, you can see all the established equivalencies we have for that institution.

International Equivalencies

Decoding Transfer Transcripts

​As you look over the information on your unofficial UK transcript after you've been admitted to UK, you will see a lot of potentially confusing codes. Don't worry: We've got them all broken down for you on this handy guide to decoding your UK unofficial transcript!

Current UK Students

Course Equivalency Requests

Current undergraduate UK students can request course equivalencies from other institutions by filling out the request form here. Before submitting this form, please check if your course already has an established equivalency in our online database above. If you're not sure if your course is already equated or if you have additional questions, please contact the Transfer Center at

Please note that if your unofficial transcript currently reads NEEDEVAL for a course equivalency, you do not need to fill out this form. Our office is already working with the Directors of Undergraduate Studies across campus to equate those courses for you! This form is primarily for current UK students who are looking to take summer courses from another institution and want to ensure the courses transfer in as needed here at UK.

If your unofficial transcript has any courses with an equivalency of NEEDSYLL, you'll need to send a syllabus to for that course.

To appeal your transfer equivalencies, please click here

Get more information about going to the University of Kentucky