Transfer Equivalency Appeal

Students who wish to appeal the evaluation of transfer equivalencies may do so through the appropriate UK department head. Equivalencies can be domestic, international or military credit, and they are determined by the Directors of Undergraduate Studies in the various academic departments across UK or their designated representatives. When making an appeal, students must provide supporting documentation, such as a course syllabus or examples of coursework. Department heads who wish to approve a revision to a transfer equivalency must inform the Transfer Admissions Office by email at


UK Core Exceptions

If you have taken a course at your previous institution that you feel should count for general education credit at UK, you can petition the UK Core Exceptions Subcommittee to have that course reconsidered for general education credit. That petition is online here, and you will need to provide a course syllabus as part of its submission, as well as an explanation of why you think your previous course should fulfill a UK Core requirement. After you have submitted a petition for a UK Core exception and you've received a decision, you can appeal that decision by filling out this form. (This is not the initial appeal form, so please only fill this out after you have received a decision on your course from the UK Core Exceptions Subcommittee and you would like to further appeal it.)

Please note that if you are requesting an exception for a college requirement (Arts & Sciences or Business & Economics, for example), then you will need to contact your college's main advising office rather than pursue a UK Core exception. Your academic advisor can assist you with any questions.

Get more information about going to the University of Kentucky