33rd International Nursing Research Congress
The Behavioral Health Wellness Environments for Living and Learning (BH WELL) research team will be presenting at the 33rd International Nursing Research Congress held in Edinburgh, Scotland on July 21-25, 2022, a Sigma event. The conference will include over 800 nurse researchers, students, and clinicians pursuing evidence-based research. This year's theme is "Transforming Global Nursing Knowledge Through Research, Scholarship, and Innovation". Sigma conference presentations are competitive with a rigorous screening/vetting process for abstracts.
BH WELL will present the following podium presentations:
1. Oral versus long-acting injectable antipsychotic medications for schizophrenia: A systematic review and meta-analysis study.
Authors: Kappi, A., Abufarsakh, B., Okoli, C.T.C
2. The Psychometric Properties of the Adverse Childhood Experiences Scale Among Individuals with Mental Illnesses.
Authors: Abufarsakh, B., Okoli, C.T.C., Williams, L.
3. Factors associated with psychological distress experienced by healthcare workers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Authors: Seng, S., & Okoli, C.T.C.
4. Preventive practice adoption by healthcare workers during the COVID-19 pandemic: Exploration of competing theoretical models.
Authors: Okoli, C.T.C., Almogheer, Z., Seng, S.
5. Promoting mental health literacy using graphic arts: An evaluation study.
Authors: Okoli, C.T.C., Abufarsakh, B., Seng, S.
In 1922, six nurses founded Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, today known as Sigma, at what is now the Indiana University School of Nursing in Indianapolis, Indiana. The name stems from Greek words storgé, thárros, and timé, meaning love, courage, and honor. Sigma is an international community of nurses, dedicated to the advancement of knowledge, teaching, learning, and service through the cultivation of communities of practice, education, and research. Their mission is to develop nurse leaders anywhere to improve healthcare everywhere.
The Behavioral Health Wellness Environments for Living and Learning (BH WELL) research team exists to promote behavioral health and wellness among individuals facing behavioral health challenges.
For more information on the 33rd International Nursing Research Congress 2022, visit their website.