Lexington Healthcare Volunteer Opportunities
**Due to COVID-19, Volunteering and Observational opportunities maybe placed on hold, unavailable, or changed to protect patients, staff, and volunteers. **
In support of our commitment to career development, education and training of health care professionals, UK HealthCare provides individuals with observations and learning experiences in various clinical areas and business professional departments. Multiple learning opportunities are provided by UK HealthCare and onboarded by the office of Observation and Learning Experience (OLE). These classifications include:
- Observers: individuals shadowing or observing only for a learning experience.
- Students: individuals performing activities as part of academic credit or training requirements.
- Research Learners: individuals volunteering with research as part of a learning experience.
For more information and to know if your volunteer/observation needs to go through the office of Observation and Learning Experience (OLE): https://ukhealthcare.uky.edu/wellness-community/volunteer-observe/observation-learning-experience
Salvation Army Clinic:
The Salvation Army partners with the University of Kentucky College of Medicine to provide a free medical clinic that gives uninsured & under-insured Lexington residents access to healthcare.
- More Information: https://easternusa.salvationarmy.org/southwest-ohio/central-kentucky/uk-salvation-army-medical-clinic/
- Volunteer: http://uksac.org/volunteer/
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Bluegrass: https://rmhclexington.com/volunteer/
Hope Lodge-Lexington, KY (American Cancer Society): https://www.cancer.org/involved/volunteer.html