Handshake Student Guides
Handshake Student FAQs
Currently enrolled University of Kentucky students and UK alumni (12+ credit hours) are eligible. Only UK students and alumni may participate in on-campus recruiting.
Handshake users have the ability to explore job, co-op and internship opportunities. The platform adapts to meet your needs, pushing out customized information that is relevant and timely based on your career interests, experiences and major.
You can apply for jobs, see relevant career articles, sign up for events and on-campus interviews. You can submit your list of experiences in the systems as well.
All currently enrolled students have an account already created for you within Handshake.
Visit the Handshake login page
Select UK Link Blue login option
Use your Link Blue ID and password in order to login
- Fill out your Education Section! Click the pencil next to your name and make sure you have your Major and Start/End Dates filled out.
- Fill out your Work Experience, make sure your Work Experience has a Job title, Employer, Time Period and Location.
- Add an Organization and Extracurricular Activities.
- Add multiple skills, documents, courses, projects.
- Add a profile picture.
In your Accounts tab, update your “School Year” field, and make your selection from the dropdown menu.
The GPA fields are locked and your cumulative GPA data has been imported from myUK into your profile. You can elect to make your GPA public (viewable by employers) if you unclick “hide from employer” in your account profile.
Any student who has access to Handshake can apply for any job in Handshake, regardless of qualifications. While no one is ever blocked from applying, you may not necessarily be fully qualified based on items such as major, GPA, etc. However, you may see a system message that indicates you are missing a qualification. Please note that this will not stop you from submitting your application for any opportunity.
1. Go to the Handshake app on your device
2. Type in the school name “University of Kentucky”
3. Click “School Login” button
4. This will take you to the UKY Single-sign page
5. Use your Linkblue ID (without the uky.edu) and your Linkblue password
6. Click Login
7. YOU'RE IN!