Open to all majors and class years, UK's Job Shadowing program at the Stuckert Career Center is designed to help undergraduate students explore potential career options.
The program pairs undergraduates with employers for an experience during the fall, winter, or spring terms. Over the course of a day (4-8 hours), students gain valuable exposure to a field of interest as well as networking opportunities with working professionals in the industry.
Job shadowing activities could include the following:
- Providing a tour of the facility/office space.
- Sharing career history and/or industry trends.
- Discussing the student’s career interests and questions.
- Providing an overview of the organization’s mission, vision, operations, staff divisions, and organizational charts. Inviting the student to observe meetings, conference calls, or other events.
- Reviewing the student’s resume, LinkedIn profile, and other professional documents.
- Arranging informational interviews for the student with colleagues and other departments.
- Providing a capsule/mini-internship or volunteer experience at the organization.
- Completing small tasks or assisting with projects.
- Shadowing client interactions.
- Exploring potential career paths within the organization and the profession.
The UK Stuckert Career Center will help match students with available employers based on student selections.
A student will work with their designated employer to schedule their job shadowing experience
Students will be required to attend a Job Shadowing Orientation
For more information, contact EXPBlue@uky.edu