Graduate Diversity Honors Reception
The Graduate Diversity Honors Reception serves as an opportunity to recognize students, staff, and faculty excelling in making UK a more inclusive community. The reception is a celebration of the outstanding and exceptional work done by our graduate and professional students in diversity and inclusion. It is a recognition of the CGPDI professional development grant recipients, outstanding faculty and staff members, underrepresented graduate and professional students who are graduating from the university, and an opportunity to network between like-minded groups and professionals.
You can RSVP for this year's Honors Reception here and nominated a student, staff, or faculty member for an award here! Signature Award nominations close February 26th.
Professional Development Grants
These awards are intended to encourage student professional development and networking through attendance or active participation at academic or professional meetings or conferences and study abroad opportunities by helping students defray the costs associated with these activities. Grants range up to $750 per fiscal year.
Signature Inclusive Excellence Awards
Dr. Doris Wilkinson Faculty Inclusive Excellence Award
The annual Dr. Doris Wilkinson Faculty Inclusive Excellence Award was established to recognize faculty that enhance the University of Kentucky through their inclusive leadership and vision particularly in the realm of graduate and professional education. To be considered, nominees have made a significant contribution toward creating a diverse and inclusive community through one or more of the following:
- embedding diversity and inclusiveness into a structural/institutional aspect of UK (e.g., policy, procedure, tradition, vision statement, curriculum, etc.).
- recruitment and retention of an excellent and diverse faculty, staff or student body.
- fostering equality of opportunity within our campus community.
- encouraging or giving voice to diverse perspectives.
- creating a welcoming and supportive campus climate through efforts such as visibility, communication and education.
Dr. Deneese Jones Staff Inclusive Excellence Award
The annual Dr. Deneese Jones Staff Inclusive Excellence Award recognizes staff who have advanced the university’s mission of diversity, equity, and inclusion within in the realm of graduate and professional education outside of their compensated responsibilities. Selection is based upon support and significant contribution in the following areas:
- promoting diversity and cultural competency in individual/unit/division/department activities.
- incorporating cultural competency into the organization and by integrating knowledge and skills that enable effective cross-cultural interactions.
Dr. Benjamin Nero Student Inclusive Excellence Award
This award is given to a student who:
- demonstrates a commitment to creating a culture of inclusion within their area of influence.
- implements initiatives which cultivate and advance inclusion with the UK community.