UGR 5-Minute Fast Track Competition - Registration Deadline
1 Slide. 5 Minutes. Outstanding research! Cheer on UK undergraduate research students as they share their trailblazing research and compete for cash prizes in the 5-Minute Fast Track Competition. Who will advance to the finals?
REGISTRATION OPENS for the 2nd annual 5-Minute Fast Track research presentation competition.
WHAT IS IT?
The 5-Minute Fast Track is an academic competition that cultivates students’ presentation and research communication skills, and challenges them to describe their research within five minutes. This is a terrific opportunity for UK’s undergraduate students to learn these critical communication skills and represent the diversity of scholarly work at UK.
University of Kentucky undergraduates who have completed two full terms of faculty-mentored research or creative activity in any major are eligible to compete.
Participants must have a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior enrollment status
Participants MUST BE available to participate in the preliminary rounds AND the Championship round
- Sept. 4, 2019 - 5-Minute Fast Track Student Information Workshop; 4:30PM-5:30PM; Room 213 Funkhouser
- Sept. 5, 2019 - Registration Opens
- Oct. 4, 2019 - Registration Deadline
- Oct. 10, 2019 - Final competition slide must be emailed to UGResearch@uky.edu
- Oct. 15, 2019 - 5MT Fast Track Competition - Preliminary Round #1 (top 5 go to Final Competition on Oct. 23); 4PM - 6PM; WT Young Library Auditorium
- Oct. 16, 2019 - 5MT Fast Track Competition - Preliminary Round #2 (top 5 go to Final Competition on Oct. 23); 4PM - 6PM; WT Young Library Auditorium
- Oct. 23, 2019 - 5MT Fast Track Competition - Final Championship Round; 5PM - 7PM; WT Young Library Auditorium
REGISTRATION -- NOTE: There are only 40 student registrations available. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis.