Faculty, Staff and Students,
This morning the President sent out a health and safety update message to the campus community. The mask policy on campus will be reinstated beginning Monday, August 9. Specific guidelines include:
- Regardless of your vaccination status, you must wear masks in all indoor spaces on campus where people gather — classrooms, the Gatton Student Center, office spaces, our recreational facilities and in common gathering spaces like the lobby of a residence hall.
- If you are in your office meeting with someone, and you both have been vaccinated, a mask is not required.
- Similarly, if a student is in a residence hall room and is with their roommate or has a guest — and everyone is vaccinated — a mask is not required.
- However, in hallways and gathering areas, conference rooms and lobbies where people come together, masks should be worn by everyone, irrespective of vaccination status.
- Masks are not required for anyone alone in indoor or outdoor spaces. However, unvaccinated individuals should wear masks outside when around other people.
We will continue to keep you updated as new information is made available.