- We just learned from Mr. Larry Gray - President at Baptist Health Louisville, that they are interested in our PA Academic Residency Program! Currently, they are willing to sponsor two positions - one in Cardiac Surgery, and one in General Surgery. If you are interested, please get in contact with us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We have changed the on boarding for our residency programs to Oct. 1, 2021 (start date). This is a new start date for us this year. We have extended our acceptance of applications until June 11th for several reasons. We have a new residency program in Neurology (approved April 12th) that several applicants have expressed a desire to know more about this new program. Also, with COVID19 there are some PA programs that may not finish their clinical year on time so for these reasons we feel that we will keep the application portal open until June 11th. Interviews will be held via zoom in late June.
The UK PA residency program is housed in the Department of Physician Assistant Studies in the College of Health Sciences (CHS). Post Graduate residency faculty from CHS includes:
Sibu P. Saha, MD, MBA
Medical Director, PAS Chief of Transition to Practice and Advanced Training Programs
The UK PA residency program is one year in duration and contains didactic instruction woven throughout 12 months of supervised clinical rotations. The structured didactic curriculum contains different methods of instruction including lectures, grand rounds, on-line modules, utilization of the simulation lab at UK, etc. The clinical experiences may be at UK Healthcare Enterprise and community partnerships throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Currently, we are offering five PA residency programs in the following subspecialties:
For more information, watch our recorded info session.
Application Portal is Now Open | Deadline: June 11th
- To educate and prepare recent PA graduates for transition into specialty practice
- Meeting the community needs for Advanced Care Providers (ACP)
- Prepared to be a team player in specialty focused medical practice
Benefits of doing a residency program
- Readiness to start working at a higher level of competency
- Competitive advantage in employment
- Meeting the need for sub-specialize care in hospital industry
Submission, Interview, & Matriculation Information
- Applications officially open March 1
- Interviews will be conducted the month of May
- Residents begin on October 1
2020-2021 Cohort Benchmarks
Overall PA Graduate Average GPA: 3.95
Clinical Rotation Average GPA: 3.90