project page - http://drupal.org/project/ctools
what does it do? - This module suite is made up of contributed modules that aim to improve the developer experience.
The contributed modules found in the UK Drupal 6 install are:
- Bulk Export -
- Chaos Tools (CTools) AJAX Example - this gives users an example of how CTools can be used and also displays the power of CTools AJAX.
- Chaos Tools (CTools) Plugin Example -
- Custom content panes - allows users to create custom, exportable, reusable content panes for applications like Panels. Panels allow developers to create custom layouts for multiple users. Content panes are different regions that are found within a panel.
- Custom rulesets - allows users to create custom, exportable, reusable rulesets for applications like Panels. Rulesets are a set of rules, where each rules may have multiple conditions and actions.
- Page manager - this enables users to manage the pages that have been created using Panels.
- Stylizer - allows the creation of custom styles for applications such as Panels.
- Views content panes - allows the content that has been created in views to be used in Panels and other modules that CTools.