Student Speaker Application
Continuing with University tradition, all Commencement ceremonies will feature a Student Speaker. At each ceremony, the selected speaker will deliver a 3-5 minute address to the Class of 2018. The student speaker application will open on October 9th at 10:00 am.
- Applicant must be receiving degree from the University of Kentucky at a December Commencement ceremony. August 2018 and December 2018 graduates are eligible to apply.
- Applicant must have contributed to the University through campus and/or community activities and/or through their chosen field of study
- Applicant must show evidence of demonstrated public speaking ability and be willing to present their address to the Commencement Speaker Selection Committee
- Resume that includes activities, work experience, and accomplishments achieved during your study at the University of Kentucky
- Summary of no more than three (3) typed, double-spaced pages of your proposed speech
- Completed online application
Documents are required to be submitted in .pdf format with the applicant's first and last name.
Should you have questions concerning the application process, please contact Lydia McManus and she will be happy to assist you.