Student Speaker Application
Continuing with University tradition, all Commencement ceremonies will feature a Student Speaker. At each ceremony, the selected speaker will deliver a 3-5 minute address to the Class of 2019.
The application to be a student speaker for a December 2019 Ceremony has closed. The deadline to submit an application was Friday, November 1, 2019 @ 5 p.m.
- Applicant must be receiving a degree from the University of Kentucky at a December Commencement ceremony.
- Applicant must have contributed to the University through campus and/or community activities and/or through their chosen field of study
- Applicant must show evidence of demonstrated public speaking ability and be willing to present their address to the Commencement Speaker Selection Committee
- Resume that includes activities, work experience, and accomplishments achieved during your study at the University of Kentucky
- Summary of no more than three (3) typed, double-spaced pages of your proposed speech
- Completed online application
Documents are required to be submitted in .pdf format with the applicant's first and last name.
Should you have questions concerning the application process, please contact Jessica Waters and she will be happy to assist you.