If you are concerned about the physical safety of yourself or others, or you feel you are in imminent risk of harming yourself or others, please call UK Police Department at (859) 257-8573 (#8573 from a mobile phone) or 911 or go to your local hospital Emergency Department immediately.
The Center for Support and Intervention Team is available during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday) to respond to issues involving urgent needs for food or housing, in addition to other reported concerns.
Mental Health Emergencies
- UK Counseling Center
- UKCC offers free counseling services to all UK students.
- Located at 104 Mandrell Hall, 635 S. Limestone, and open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Emergency walk-in/phone consultation available during those hours
- Emergency after-hours/weekends/University closings: call (859) 257-8701, PRESS 1, to speak with an on-call counselor.
- Additional crisis resources by phone
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: +1 (800) 273-TALK (8255)
- Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center: +1 (800) 656-4673
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ+): +1 (866) 488-7386
- Crisis resources by text
- Crisis Text Line, "go" to 741-741
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ+), "start" to 678-678
- National Disaster Distress Helpline Text (SAMSA) related to COVID-19 Pandemic: text "TalkWithUs" to 66746
- Crisis resources by online chat
Eastern State Hospital, 1350 Bull Lea Road, (859) 246-8000
Emergency Department: Good Samaritan Hospital, 310 S. Limestone, (859) 226-7078
Emergency Department: UK Chandler Hospital, 1000 S. Limestone, (859) 323-5901
Our Lady of Peace/St. Joseph Hospital, 1401 Harrodsburg Road, (859) 313-3515
The Ridge Hospital, 3050 Rio Dosa Drive, (859) 269-2325
Additional Emergency Resources
- Ampersand: Sexual Violence Resource Center of the Bluegrass
- Support line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for community members to seek support & resources around experiences of sexual violence.
- Trained advocates answer the line to provide information, education, and crisis counseling.
- Callers can remain anonymous while speaking with an advocate.
- 24-hour support line: +1 (800) 565-HOPE (4673), website: https://ampersandky.org
- Greenhouse 17 (domestic violence shelter)
- Trained crisis counselors are available to help people harmed by intimate partner abuse any time of the day, every day of the year.
- 24-hour crisis hotline: +1 (800) 544-2022, website: https://greenhouse17.org/
- Arbor Youth
- Provides Emergency shelter for at-risk youth through its various services, including the MASH Emergency Shelter, Outreach Center, Rapid Rehousing program, and working with the Project Safe Place.
- 24-hour support line: +1 (859) 254-2501, website: https://arborky.org