What We Do
CSI Case Managers conduct outreach to students experiencing distress that may be impacting their wellbeing, safety, and/or overall academic and personal success. Case managers work with students experiencing a range of concerns including mental health, academic difficulties, personal/family issues, physical health, financial difficulties, recent/past trauma, and loss of a loved one, with students often experiencing multiple concerns at one time. Case managers provide one-on-one support to students, focusing on resource connection, collaboration with campus supports, and individualized, student led plans for success.
CSI Action Steps:
- Speak with referral submitter, and others as needed to gain further information on concerns/situation.
- Provide support and resource information to referral submitter, to assist in addressing immediate concern/situation
- Determine level of concern and appropriate outreach to student/possible additional campus supports.
- When appropriate, meet with student to better understand needs, and current resource and support connection.
- Refer students to resources on campus and in the community.
- When appropriate, provide support in accessing referrals through creation of personalized action plan/direct assistance connecting with campus partners.
- Follow up with students to provide ongoing support and ensure access to needed resources.
- Follow up with campus partners to determine resolution of concerns/situations.
The Basic Needs Hub provides case management services targeted at food and housing insecurity, and other financial concerns impacting access to basic needs. The Basic Needs Program Coordinator provides students with campus and community wide resource connection to address immediate/urgent basic needs, and ongoing one-on-one support to plan for longer term stability and success.
Provide direct support and intervention to students who are experiencing and/or causing distress with the potential for harm or violence (either directed towards self or others). Lead interdisciplinary behavioral intervention team, the Community of Concern Team, to incorporate expert guidance on these students and/pr employees of high concern.
Title IX Respondent Services
CSI Case Mangers are available to provide student respondents appropriate care, support and information while they are interacting with the Title IX investigation and hearing process under AR 6:2.