Schedule Your First Appointment
If this is your first appointment since July 1, schedule your Initial Consultation (IC) at the link below or call (859) 257-8701 (8 am - 4:30 pm, M - F for appointments).
For crises, call (859) 257-8701 anytime or go to your local hospital emergency department. Do not schedule online if in crisis.
IC appointments are provided via telehealth using Zoom. If you prefer a phone or in-person session or need technology or a private space for your appointment, please call the Counseling Center after scheduling your appointment.
The IC appointment lasts about 25 minutes and focuses on your current concerns and history of those concerns, coping skills and resources, and goals. Your clinician will provide information about helpful resources and services at the end of the session.
Eligibility (must be in KY at the time of the appointment):
- UK students paying for six or more credit hours during that semester (UK Employees taking free classes are not eligible and can receive services through HR's Work+Life Connections).
- UK students enrolled for six or more credits in spring and fall may be seen over the summer.
- UK graduate and professional students who are enrolled for thesis or dissertation hours, zero credit hour status, or two-hour residency.
Available appointments are listed within the next 10 days.
If you would like to schedule an IC appointment for couples/relationship therapy, can't find an available time, or have questions, please call (859) 257-8701 between 8 am and 4:30 pm, Mon - Fri.
Important info about your appointment -
- After you pick an appointment time: appointment is scheduled; no confirmation is sent.
- The day before your appointment: appointment reminder with all needed links is sent via email and/or text.
- 30 minutes before your appointment: complete forms using the link in your appt reminder. Forms should take 15-20 minutes to complete. You will be asked to reschedule if your forms are not complete by the start of your appointment.
- During your appointment: log onto Zoom or answer your phone from a private space in the state of KY if you are attending via telehealth or wait for your clinician in 113 Mandrell Hall if your appointment is in-person.
If you change your mind about an appointment, please cancel so that others may have that appointment time. To cancel an appointment, go to https://UKCC.TitaniumHWC.com/Cancel or call (859) 257-8701.