Big Blue Pantry
Located in the basement of White Hall Classroom Building (room 025) next to the Post Office, the Big Blue Pantry is open to any University of Kentucky student with a valid UK ID experiencing food insecurity or hunger. Students will fill out a short intake form, and their information will remain confidential. There are no qualifications for access to the pantry other than being a UK student. Follow us on social media for updates on hours and product availability, as well as volunteer opportunities. We operate on donations (both food and monetary). Please consider donating non-perishable foods or monetarily to the Big Blue Pantry.
What to Expect During Your Visit:
- Only one patron will be permitted in our space at a time.
- Patrons are required to wear masks.
- We will continue to provide pre-packed bags to our patrons.
- In addition to the pre-packed bag, patrons will have the option to add some additional items, including perishable food items and hygiene products.
- We are working to keep our interactions with patrons as low-touch as possible.
- As we continue to make adjustments, we ask for your patience. Your safety and the saffety of our staff are our top priorities.
A recent campus study found that more than 40% of UK students experience some level of food insecurity during their college career and the Big Blue Pantry is one resource to help combat the affects. The Big Blue Pantry Gift Fund supports the student run and student serving Big Blue Pantry for students who experience food insecurity. We also accept food donations! Check out our Suggested Donations List for guidance on what food items to donate.