Inclusive Excellence Recognition Awards
2019 University of Kentucky Inclusive Excellence Recognition Awards Guidelines
Completed packets due by 5:00 pm on March 8, 2019
(CLICK HERE for instructions and guidelines)
and should be submitted electronically to:
The University of Kentucky Inclusive Excellence Recognition Awards recognize the accomplishments of individuals and their teams that demonstrate a sustained commitment to diversity and inclusion through campus and community involvement and exemplary leadership. Recipients should exhibit such efforts through diversity and multicultural programming, culturally competent instruction, research and/or outreach efforts.
Criteria for Selection: Nominations should be based on exemplary demonstrated leadership in one or more of the following:
- Builds awareness, understanding, and relationships in the name of diversity and inclusion
- Creates leadership opportunities, teams, organizations and support systems that promote a diverse and inclusive environment
- Sponsors or actively promotes programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion
- Collaborates with others in the sponsorship, development and implementation of innovative projects and/or programs
- Acknowledges and rewards exemplary individual and team behaviors that promote diversity and inclusion
- Secures funding to promote and sustain programs in response to challenges that can affect the fostering of a diverse and inclusive cultural climate
Awards: A maximum of four awards; recipients* will be chosen by an Award Selection Committee based on the following categories: (1) Student (Undergraduate and Graduate); (2) Staff; (3) Faculty, and; (4) Academic** or Professional units Award. Award recipients will be honored at the Provost Award Ceremony. If nominations do not meet the expectations as presented in the criteria above, the Selection Committee reserves the right not to make an award or awards.
Award winners will receive a monetary award, a plaque, and other accolades.
Student:Undergraduate, Graduate / Staff / Faculty / Academic or Professional Unit
*The award may be given to an exemplary individual or to a group whose collaborative work meets the spirit of the award (in which case the lead nominee must meet all criteria above).
**If an Academic or Professional Unit is recognized as a recipient for their exemplary efforts, the monetary prize will be presented to the appropriate administrator to further enhance diversity & inclusion efforts.