SACS Syllabus Requirements
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS) is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states. As you develop the syllabus for your distance learning course, it is important to include the following requirements to demonstrate compliance with SACS distance learning standards. Inclusion of these requirements in a distance learning course syllabus is essential in the course approval process.
1. Instructor's virtual office hours, if any.
2. The technological requirements for the course. (See the ITS Student Hardware and Software Guidelines.)
3. Contact information for UK's Information Technology Customer Service Center:
4. Procedure for resolving technical complaints.
5. Preferred method for reaching instructor, e.g., email, phone, text message.
6. Maximum timeframe for responding to student communications.
7. Language pertaining to academic accommodations:
If you have a documented disability that requires academic accommodations, please see me as soon as possible during scheduled office hours. Please initiate the accommodation process by submitting an online Intake Form or by contacting the Disability Resource Center (DRC). The DRC coordinates campus disability services available to students with disabilities. DRC staff will discuss possible accommodations with you and provide you with a Letter of Accommodation. Once you receive your Letter of Accommodation, please set up an appointment to see me or stop by during scheduled office hours to discuss how your accommodation will be addressed. The DRC is located on the corner of Rose Street and Huguelet Drive in the Multidisciplinary Science Building, Suite 407. You can reach them by phone at (859) 257-2754, at the DRC email, or find information on the DRC website.
8. Information on Distance Learning Library Services