An Evening with Heather McGee
Thursday April 28
University of Kentucky - Gatton Student Center Ballroom
• 6:30 - 7:00 PM: Opening Remarks/Short Program
• 7:00 - 7:45 PM: Heather McGee, Featured Speaker
• 7:45 - 8:30 PM: Moderated Conversation with Heather McGee and Renee Shaw (KET Public Television)
An Initiative Of:
With Generous Funding Support From
Walton Family Foundation
In Partnership With
- The University of Kentucky Office for Institutional Diversity
- The Office of the Provost
Additional Community Partners
- Lexington Black Prosperity Initiative
- Lexington Herald-Leader
- Lexington Public Library
Parking Information & Live Broadcast
The Cornerstone Garage is accessed via South Limestone and guests stay in the old section – not the new student center side which is clearly marked for K parking only.
The Student Center lot is accessed at Avenue of the Champions.
There will also be a live broadcast for those with University of Kentucky Link Blue accounts. The video will be available here.
Get Involved in One Book, One Lexington Community Reads "The Sum of Us"
We are encouraging you to create bookclubs to analyze information from Heather McGee's book, "The Sum of Us".
Start Your Own Book Club
Create your own book club to go over “The Sum of Us”.
Get a Book Kit From the WIlliam T. Young Library
The UK Libraries are providing 5 book club kits (tote containing 5 books) and 25 individual copies of the Sum of Us for 7 day check out to the UK Campus. The book club kits and individual copies are available at Young Library Circulation desk or you can log into InfoKat and request to pick up a copy at your closest branch library.
- Print Book Record: https://saalck-uky.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01SAA_UKY/ht6egi/alma9941439663302636
- Book Club Record: https://saalck-uky.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01SAA_UKY/1e08o76/alma9941583703602636
Coaching & Consultation from Colene Elridge Available!
Want to get involved in this event? Colene Elridge of Be More Consulting will be available to facilitate book club discussions. Click here to fill out a short form (name, email, and a message are required).
Download a Free Copy of "The Sum of Us"
To download your free copy of "The Sum of Us", click on the following link below.
As this free book PDF copy is provided through Google Play, a Google account is required to download this book. If you do not have a Google account already, you can set one up for free at the following link:
Once you have created a Google account, be sure to revisit this page and click on the Google Play download link above. This book will be saved to your Google Play library.