About the Office of University Events
We serve as a resource to the entire University, providing expertise and guidance in the planning and implementation of events hosted by individual colleges, departments and registered student organizations. Our mission is to successfully coordinate your program from initial concept to completion of the event. We are committed to providing the University of Kentucky community high quality customer service through each step of the event planning process.
Please visit meetatbigblue.uky.edu to start planning your event at the University of Kentucky!
To Schedule an Event
Select "Plan Your Event" above to visit our virtual request system, EMS. EMS is the portal to submit your event requests and schedule space at the University of Kentucky. For assistance using EMS, visit the FAQ page.
For questions regarding EMS or about campus event policies, contact the Office of University Events at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The current Student Center is undergoing a major renovation and expansion project that started in May 2015. Reservations will be available soon for events scheduled after June 2018. Please contact the University Events Office or click here for a list of alternate event/meeting locations.
- It is important to understand you are submitting a REQUEST. Reservation of space and event approvals are not guaranteed for every request.
- Priority is given to academic courses. Event space requests will be confirmed after the following dates: December 1st (spring request dates), April 1st (summer request dates), and May 1st (fall request dates).
- Requestors may receive two confirmations (one for space and one for event approval) if the space is not managed by the University Events Office.
- For a complete list of Frequently Asked Questions with answers, select the FAQs menu at the top of this website.