Student Consumer Information
The University of Kentucky provides the following information in accordance with the disclosure requirements for institutions of higher education participating in federal financial aid programs under Title IV regulations. It is our hope that this list is convenient and helpful to our prospective and currently enrolled students.
General Institutional Information
- Registrar’s Office webpage containing the majors search tool.
- Webpage displaying the University’s statement of accreditation: “The University of Kentucky is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral Degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of Kentucky.”
- The Equity in Athletics Data Analysis Cutting Tool, designed to provide rapid customized reports for public inquiries relating to equity in athletics data.
- The National Center for Education Statistics’ compilation of data for the University of Kentucky, including graduation and retention rates, programs and majors lists, and enrollment statistics, among other figures.
- Webpage displaying information pertaining to the various kinds of academic and non-academic complaints students can file, including a link to the online complaint form.
- PDF document outlining UK’s policies governing access to and use of university information technology resources.
- University news article published Sept. 16, 2021 describing the activities and events hosted to celebrate UK’s Constitution Day.
- Page posting the University’s statement detailing its commitment to proper use of copyright materials, along with links to detailed guidelines, steps to obtaining copyright permission, and copyright FAQs.
- Page posting links to the schedules of classes for Fall 2021, Winter 2021-2022, and Spring 2022.
- Webpage posting the University’s commitment to complying with FERPA, along with specific guidelines regarding which kinds of student information qualify as FERPA-protected.
- Information about the Disability Resource Center, as well as a link leading to the online form to register with the DRC.
- Webpage with an interactive chart exploring significant monetary gifts presented to American colleges and universities by foreign nations.
- Site featuring information about the CARES Act, CRRSAA, and the American Rescue Plan.
- Student Life homepage, listing opportunities for on-campus involvement, ways to participate in student organizations and clubs, arts and events information, and links to campus media outlets.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion homepage, featuring links to further information about the specific DEI initiatives taken by the University, anti-racism tools and resources, and a link for reporting instances of bias.
- Webpage providing an overview of campus facilities, including an interactive campus map and contact information for facilities management resources.
- Homepage for the International Center, which offers resources for international students, information on education abroad opportunities, and links to education abroad scholarships.
- College of Education webpage containing the COE Data Dashboard, with links to education employment statistics, surveys, and Title II reports.
- UK Barnes and Noble Bookstore textbook search tool, where all required texts for a given class can be found and ordered.
- Transfer Admission webpage listing important deadlines for transfer students, requirements and advising opportunities for transfers, and information about scheduling virtual transfer visits.
- Kentucky Online Voter Registration homepage, with instructions on how to register to vote.
Costs, Financial Assistance & Financial Consequences of Withdrawal
- Webpage offering an itemization of tuition and fee rates for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Webpage offering an itemization of housing and dining rates for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Webpage detailing the University’s refund policies, including direct deposit assistance and frequently asked questions.
- Webpage detailing the proper guidelines and procedures for withdrawing from courses.
- Institutional Loans webpage detailing the University’s process for collecting student loan repayment.
- Tuition and Fees webpage with tables presenting total costs of enrollment for in- and out-of-state students, separated by intended living situation.
- Link to an enrollment cost calculator that provides an estimate for a given student’s total cost of attending the University, determined by intended course load, state of residency, intended living situation, income, loan eligibility, and other factors.
Financial Assistance Information
- Student Financial Aid and Scholarships homepage, with tips for filling out FAFSA, information on how to apply for loans, links for transfer student scholarships, and contact information for the Financial Aid Office.
- Webpage presenting the full text of the Student Loan Code of Conduct, with a link to the University’s Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct attached below.
- Link for visiting students to upload consortium agreements from their home schools.
- Link to complete an annual loan acknowledgement for students holding and seeking federal aid.
- Link for students seeking federal aid to complete the student loan entrance counseling requirement.
- Link for students holding federal loans to complete the direct loan exit counseling requirement.
- PDF document containing the federal direct subsidized and unsubsidized loans plain language disclosure.
- Financial Wellness Office homepage, with links to financial education resources, work study opportunities, and other tools intended to improve students’ financial wherewithal during and after enrollment.
- Webpage with links to the various requirements—differentiated by level of degree or college of enrollment—for satisfactorily completing course work in order to retain institutional financial aid.
Financial Consequences of Withdrawal
- Webpage displaying a timetable and written policies pertaining to the University’s tuition refund allowance for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Webpage outlining the University’s fee liability policy, as well as a link for students to fill out the tuition appeal form.
- Webpage detailing the University’s policies regarding financial aid status in the case of withdrawal.
Health and Safety
- The University’s Crisis Management and Preparedness homepage, including links to the daily crime log and fire log, the annual security report, the CSA report form, and missing student notifications, as well as safety tips, statistics, and a reinforcement of victims’ rights and options pertaining to and following any instance of dating or domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking.
- Informational webpage listing measures to prevent drug and alcohol abuse, as well as important AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention course due dates.
- University webpage detailing policies for suspending or ceasing federal aid eligibility following a drug conviction.
- Crisis Management and Preparedness homepage, updated to display evacuation or preventative safety measure instructions in the event of a campus emergency.
- PDF of the 2021 University of Kentucky Annual Fire Safety Report, containing the University’s fire safety policies, campus fire statistics, and fire drill logs for all campus buildings.
- University Health Services webpage listing the required and recommended vaccines for incoming freshmen, particularly those living on campus in dormitories.
- University webpage displaying information about the COVID-19 vaccine, including frequently asked questions, a link to schedule a vaccine, and details regarding vaccine incentives for students and employees.
- Stuckert Career Center homepage, with links to explore majors and career paths in a broad sense, internship and experiential education opportunities, tips for students seeking to work internationally, and graduate school advice.
- Graduate Student webpage listing information about institutional services, potential programs of interest, and links to online contact databases and employment resources.
- University news article published Nov. 17, 2020 detailing continuing increases in the graduation rate of UK athletes, with the most recent figure exceeding the average Division I athlete graduation rate nationwide by two percentage points.
- Webpage displaying a graph tracking the University’s graduation and retention rates over time, with an interactive component allowing users to differentiate rates by gender, Pell recipient status, college of enrollment, and in-state residency status, among other variables. The graph demonstrates a clear upward trend in graduation and retention rates in recent years.
Available Staff for Providing Consumer Information
Financial Assistance information
- email@example.com; (859) 257-3172
- firstname.lastname@example.org; (859) 257-2911
Completion, graduation, transfer-out, and retention rates; and
Institutional Security Policies and Crime Statistics
- email@example.com; (859) 257-9665