Federal Aid Resources
The Federal Student Aid provides calculators as tools to assist students and/or parents to estimate information related to the calculation of the student's eligibility for financial assistance, the repayment of loans, or other issues related to educational cost.
Federal Government/Department of Education Federal Aid:
- Veteran's Benefits
- Federal Services for Students
- New Educational Opportunities for Unemployed Workers
- Army National Guard Federal Tuition Assistance or its alternative site: Student must apply prior to start date of course. If approved funds are obligated and a hard copy of DA Form 2171 is sent to student for submission to school (this goes to Student Billing Services, 18 Funkhouser Building). School invoices KYNG for amount obligated. Student or school must provide grade report upon completion of courses.
Requirement for Federal Direct Loans
If you accept the Federal Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Loan there are two requirements (in addition to accepting the loan) for first time borrowers:
- Complete the Electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) for the Federal Direct Loan Program
- Complete Entrance Counseling Forms
State Aid Resources
State Government Based Financial Aid:
- Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority - KHEAA
- Kentucky Education Excellence Scholarship - KEES
- Kentucky Department of Education
- Kentucky National Guard Tuition Program: AGO form 18-7. Soldier must have completed Basic Training. Complete on application per term per school. Deadlines: 1 October for Spring and 1 April for Fall and Summer terms must be turned in to Guard unit. A roster will be sent to Terri Jo Thomas at University of Kentucky by the National Guard Office.
- Transcripts for Army
- Education Support to the Department of Defense
- Virtual armory
- National Guard Benefits
- GI Bill
- College Board
- Go Army Ed