Your Financial Aid Path
A Guide to Financial Aid at the University of Kentucky
Accept your financial aid offer on myUK.
Use this video and walkthrough as a guide to review and accept your awards as soon as possible.
Compare Your Financial Aid Package to Costs
Calculate an estimate of basic living expenses for attending UK. Consider your needs and personal spending habits when developing your budget.
Tuition and fees information is available at https://www.uky.edu/studentaccount/tuition.
Food and housing rates for living on campus are available at www.uky.edu/housing.
Compare your annual financial aid offer with the cost to attend UK and develop a plan for you and your family to cover the difference.
Need help comparing financial aid offers from different schools? Watch this video to learn how.
Activate your linkblue and Email Account
If you have not yet activated your linkblue username, password and set up your UKY email address, visit newstudent.uky.edu.
Future financial aid communications will be sent to you electronically, it is critical you set up your UKY email address and check it periodically.
Accept Your Financial Aid Offer
- Login to myUK.uky.edu using your linkblue ID (ex. swil0123) and password.
- Select the Student Services tab, click on Financials and then Financial Aid.
- Click on View and Accept Offers tab to review offers.
- Read and sign the Consent and Obligation Form before accepting award offers.
- Go back to View and Accept Offers tab to accept/decline offers, then submit.
- Navigate to the Required Documents tab to determine if items are missing or incomplete for your financial aid application. Federal and state financial aid will not appear on your billing statement until all missing items are completed.
- Click on COA Budget (Financials>Financial Aid>COA Budget). The myUK COA Budget is an estimated cost of attendance, determined by your current residency classification, living arrangements, full-time enrollment and program of study. Understanding the cost of attendance is important.
Accept your Scholarship (if offered)
If you are planning to attend UK in the Fall 2023 semester and were offered an academic scholarship, entering freshmen must accept awards online at myuk.uky.edu no later than May 1, 2023*. Transfer and continuing students have until August 1, 2023* to accept awards online.
Notify OSFAS about scholarships or monetary offers you are receiving from an organization outside of the University using the Outside Scholarship Resource Form.
Complete Federal Direct Student Loan Requirements
Prior to the disbursement of federal loan funds, all first-time student borrowers must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and entrance loan counseling. Visit studentaid.gov to complete these requirements.
Confirm Housing Arrangements and Dining Plan
Confirm and sign your housing contract at www.uky.edu/housing.
If you are living on campus, you are required to have a dining plan. Select your dining plan by mid-July 2023, or the default plan will be selected for you. Review uky.campusdish.com for on-campus dining plan options.
Review Disbursement and Payment Options in myUK
If all eligibility requirements are met, financial aid offers will begin crediting your account as early as 10 days before the start of the term. After the last day to add or drop a course for the term, some financial aid offers are required to be adjusted to match your enrollment.
Students are billed each semester. Billings statements are emailed to the student’s UKY email address. The fall bill is sent August 1 and is due August 22. The spring bill is sent January 1 and is due January 22.
- Establish Guest Access for parents and guardians via myUK to allow easy access for payments on student accounts.
- Visit go.uky.edu/payments to make online payments via myUK.
- Learn more about the installment payment plan at go.uky.edu/installment for fall and spring terms.
- Students, enrolled at least half-time, are eligible to charge books up to $750 at the UK Bookstore.
If your financial aid exceeds your charges for the term, you will be issued a refund by Student Account Services so you can pay for any other educational expenses. Enroll in direct deposit for refunds via myUK >My Info > Direct Deposit.
*If a deadline falls on a weekend, the deadline will be extended until 11:59 p.m. ET on the following Monday.
If you need assistance pertaining to your financial aid package,
we’re here to help!
Contact us at 859-257-3172 or schedule an appointment with a counselor here.
Explore Additional Resources
At the University of Kentucky, student success is at the center of everything we do. We are a community of belonging, committed to supporting the success of each and every member of the UK family.
Resources exist across campus to assist students with needs related to all four components of student success: academic success, financial stability, wellness, belonging and engagement.
At your Big Blue Nation Orientation (BBNO), you’ll meet with an academic advisor and register for your first-semester classes. You’ll also learn about UK's academics, support programs, and other resources. Plus, you’ll get familiar with campus and meet lots of other new Wildcats.