L. Stanley Pigman First-Generation Scholarship
Application for the 2023-2024 academic year is now open!
The L. Stanley Pigman First-Generation Scholarship Program, an initiative at the University of Kentucky, is designed specifically for first-generation college students from Eastern Kentucky region. Housed in the Office of First-Generation Student Services, the Pigman Scholarship, provides personalized support, guidance and peer mentoring necessary to navigate the college experience.
WHAT COUNTIES ARE INCLUDED?
- Student must be a first-generation college student (neither parent/guardian have earned a 4-year degree)
- Applicants must have been admitted to the University of Kentucky.
- Applicants must graduate from a high school in one of the following counties: Bell, Boyd, Breathitt, Carter, Clay, Elliott, Estill, Floyd, Greenup, Harlan, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, McCreary, Menifee, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Powell, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Whitley, and Wolfe.
- Applicants must show potential for academic success by having an unweighted high school GPA of at least a 3.5 or higher and an admissible test score or equivalent.
- Applicants must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and display a financial need.
- Scholarship recipients must begin their undergraduate student career at the University of Kentucky in the fall term immediately following high school graduation.
- Scholarship recipients must apply to and live in the First-Generation Scholar Living Learning Community during their first and second academic year.
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION DEADLINE?
HOW DO I APPLY?
Application will be housed in the ScholarshipUniverse portal.
WHAT IS THE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD AMOUNT?