Robinson Scholarship Opportunities
The Robinson Scholarship application for the 2021-2022 academic year has closed.
WHAT COUNTIES ARE INCLUDED?
The Robinson Scholarship serves a twenty-nine (29) county area in Eastern Kentucky. The service area includes the following counties: Bell, Breathitt, Carter, Clay, Elliott, Estill, Floyd, Harlan, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, McCreary, Menifee, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Powell, Rockcastle, Whitley, and Wolfe.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS?
- Applicants must have been admitted to the University of Kentucky.
- Applicants must be an incoming first-generation college student (neither parent or guardian has earned a four-year degree).
- Applicants must graduate from a high school within the twenty-nine (29) county service area and be residents of Kentucky.
- Applicants must show potential for academic success by having an unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 or higher and an admissible test score.
- Applicants must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and display a financial need.
- Scholarship recipients must begin their undergraduate student career at the University of Kentucky in the fall term immediately following high school graduation.
- Scholarship recipients must apply to and live in the First-Generation Scholar Living Learning Community during their first academic year.
WHAT IS THE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD AMOUNT?
The amount of the Robinson Scholarship will vary, depending on other aid recipients receive and financial information from their FAFSA each year. The amount is determined using the student’s financial need, as determined by the FAFSA, less any aid received through grants, scholarships and subsidized loans. The aim of the Robinson Scholarship is to reduce the recipient’s unmet need to $5,000, but the Robinson Scholarship may not exceed $7,000. As stated earlier, the scholarship amount will be calculated each year based on these factors.
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION DEADLINE?
February 20, 2021
HOW DO I APPLY?
The application is located at uky.academicworks.com. Students will first need to complete the General Application, if they have not already done so, followed by completing the “Robinson Scholars Supplemental Application.” The Robinson Scholars Supplemental Application is located under the link “Opportunities.”
NOTE: Applicants must be admitted to the University and have created their log-in credentials in order to access the scholarship portal.