Robinson Scholarship Opportunities
The Robinson Scholarship application for the 2021-2022 academic year is OPEN!
WHAT COUNTIES ARE INCLUDED?
The Robinson Scholarship serves a twenty-nine (29) county area in Eastern Kentucky. The service area includes the following counties: Bell, Breathitt, Carter, Clay, Elliott, Estill, Floyd, Harlan, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, McCreary, Menifee, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Powell, Rockcastle, Whitley, and Wolfe.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS?
- Applicants must have been admitted to the University of Kentucky.
- Applicants must be an incoming first-generation college student (neither parent or guardian has earned a four-year degree).
- Applicants must graduate from a high school within the twenty-nine (29) county service area and be residents of Kentucky.
- Applicants must show potential for academic success by having an unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 or higher and an admissible test score.
- Applicants must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and display a financial need.
- Scholarship recipients must begin their undergraduate student career at the University of Kentucky in the fall term immediately following high school graduation.
- Scholarship recipients must apply to and live in the First-Generation Scholar Living Learning Community during their first academic year.
WHAT IS THE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD AMOUNT?
The award amount varies for each student recipient. The variations in amounts of the award are due to academic achievement, financial need, scholarships, and financial aid. A student cannot be awarded more than their estimated cost of attendance; therefore, awards may vary for students after all other aid has been applied.
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION DEADLINE?
January 15, 2021
HOW DO I APPLY?
The application is located at uky.academicworks.com. Students will first need to complete the General Application, if they have not already done so, followed by completing the “Robinson Scholars Supplemental Application.” The Robinson Scholars Supplemental Application is located under the link “Opportunities.”
NOTE: Applicants must be admitted to the University and have created their log-in credentials in order to access the scholarship portal.