Alumni Gym Hours + Information:
- Monday Oct 21st & Tuesday October 22nd: CLOSED
- Mon-Fri: 6 AM – Midnight
- Sat: 9 AM – 9 PM
- Sun: 11 AM – Midnight
- (859) 257-9383
Alumni Gym Website:
- Free weight area
- Cardio equipment
- Functional training space
- Group fitness classes
- Personal training
- Shower facilities
- Towel service
- Equipment check out
- TV functionality on cardio equipment
- Bluetooth wireless capability on cardio equipment
Membership options after June 24th:
- Payroll deduction: $17/month deducted from your pay check with a 3-month minimum.
- Faculty/Staff pay upfront: $20/month paid by cash, check or card with a 3-month minimum.
- Tuition fees: Students taking at least one on-campus class over summer pay for their membership through the recreation fee in their tuition
- Summer membership: Students who took classes in the spring semester or are register for the fall can purchase a summer membership for $20.
**Employee membership rates are only eligible for employees paid by the University.
**Memberships allow access to the Johnson Center and Alumni Gym. All employees have access to the Lancaster Aquatics Center.
Alumni Gymnasium Fun Fact:
This building served as the home court of the University of Kentucky basketball teams from 1924 to 1950. During this period and on this floor, teams representing the University played 287 games. Winning 262 and losing 25. From 1931 to 1950 under the direction of Coach Adolph F. Rupp, University teams established a home record of 204 victories and 8 losses. During the same period the teams of Coach Rupp won eighty-four consecutive home victories. 1943-1950 sixty-four consecutive victories in the Southeastern Conference. 1945-1950 twelve Southeastern Conference Tournament championships. 1933-1950 three Sugar Bowl championships. 1939, 1940 and 1950 the National Invitation Tournament championship. 1946 two National Collegiate Athletic Association championships. 1948 and 1949 the Olympic championship. London, England 1948.